I’m so excited to finally be doing this blog. It’s been on the ever growing “to-do” list but it kept getting pushed to the bottom. And then I discovered the wordpress app and thought it really can’t get any easier so I might as well jump in.
This is intended to be a sewing/crafting blog where I can share the things I make. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I’ve made a LOT of things over the years it would be nice to have everything nicely in one spot.
So without further ado, here’s the latest thing I’ve made; a dress for my Lily.
This is a sewing pattern made by the wonderful Oliver + s called the Book Report dress. I modified the sleeves a little by shortening them to a 3/4 sleeve (omitted the cuff and simply hemmed up the sleeve edge) and then pleated up the front.
The dress is sewn in Robert Kaufman interweave chambray in color boysenberry. The lining is Liberty of London Strawberry thief and I also used it for the cover buttons.
I just love the use of labels in handmade clothing! I hand stitched one with my daughter’s name on it and I love the finished look it gives! Plus it adds that little extra something special to a project to really make it pop.
I’ll try to post things I’ve made in the past soon too over the next few days…weeks…months 😉 They’ll be dated according to when I made them, so they will appear before this post.
P.S. I promise to try to dig out the nice camera and not just use crappy iphone pictures!